Ascend is a socially impactful, mission driven technology company that provides data-driven products and consulting services to help organizations solve complex community health problems. Formed by the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association and three major hospital networks (Premier Health, Kettering Health, and Dayton Children’s), Ascend is positioned to serve all communities to address their most complex health problems. Our clients range from hospitals and hospices, county- and state-level public health departments, to private entities looking to make a positive impact in their communities. Data Analysts serve a primary role of advancing the analytical and business intelligence needs of Ascend, and its clients. They do this by linking data insights to actionable organizational insights and can use storytelling techniques to communicate these insights to relevant stakeholders.
We believe that life does not equal work. We believe in being direct with positive intent and leading each interaction with empathy. We are intentional about giving first. We kindly poke the bear. We laugh (A LOT). We believe that teamwork makes the dream work. And most of all, we believe that our differences make us stronger.
The Data Analyst is responsible for engaging with clients and managing data analysis projects that provide actionable insights and recommendations to clients and decision-makers. Moreover, they can translate the ambitions of managers and executives into concrete, data-driven initiatives, and specific actions. Specific areas of focus will include problem understanding, data preparation, data mining and analysis, data visualization, while also developing strategic roadmaps, project outlines and detailed action plans. Data Analysts will also lead project data discovery efforts, host interviews, brainstorming sessions and workshops with client teams and executives on data-related efforts. Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal, is critical to the success of this position and requires that all data and data analytics be treated as a key strategic asset.
· Develop, implement, and maintain leading-edge analytic solutions, to solve problems for clients of Ascend Innovations
· Work directly with management and clients to identify the business need, gather requirements, design a solution, provide updates, and deploy analysis.
· Identify potential opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data sets, and relationships with clients.
· Support Ascend's clients in making tactical decisions through rapid reporting and ad hoc statistical data analysis.
· Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data.
· Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and visualization.
· Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field including Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or related field.
· 3+ years’ experience mining data as a data analyst. Strong SQL skills with the ability and desire to learn other data mining tools
· 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Power BI. Additional tools such as Tableau recommended not required
· Practical experience in statistical analysis using statistical packages within Excel, Python, or R
· Willingness to learn or adopt new tools and processes as the team grows and evolves
· Ability to effectively communicate with software engineers, data scientists, and product designers about project requirements
· Ability to manage projects in a hybrid setting including engaging with the business to understand business objectives and gather requirements for a potential solution
· Technical writing and presentation experience in relevant areas, including reports to client, technical documentation, and public presentations
What We Can Offer
· Flexible time off
· The ability to work remotely
· A competitive salary
· 401k with automatic company contribution
· A choice of flexible career pathways
· Flexible technology stacks and equipment
· Professional development opportunities