Ascend is a technology company that provides socially impactful, data-driven products and consulting services to help organizations that solve complex community health problems. Formed by the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association and three major hospital networks (Premier Health, Kettering Health, and Dayton Children’s), Ascend is positioned to serve all communities to address their most complex health problems.
Most Ascenders join us because they care about using their talents to help the needs of our community. If you are passionate about creating products that help to make our communities better, then we’d love to hear from you!
We believe that life does not equal work. We believe in being direct with positive intent and leading each interaction with empathy. We are intentional about giving first. We kindly poke the bear. We laugh (A LOT). We believe that teamwork makes the dream work. And most of all, we believe that our differences make us stronger.
Our UX Team is focused on providing value to users through experiences that solve real community problems. We are looking for a full-time Senior Product Designer to play a role in leading the user-centered design efforts for a new product of ours called Positiv.ly. Positiv.ly is a solution for middle and high school students that help to improve access to mental health resources and fight the stigma around mental health through shared stories.
· Take projects from problem to solution by following the User Centered Design Process
· Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to launch high-quality, accessible features or products for our users
· Lead and/or leverage user research to drive business decisions and define new features
· Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases via UX deliverables
· Lead brand discovery and establish core brand foundations for the product
· Lead the development and maintenance of design system in collaboration with Engineers
· Work with Engineers to create accessible and scalable UIs
· Mentor and coach other designers on the team
· Always ask questions, be open to feedback, take risks, and champion new ideas
· A four-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience is required
· 4+ years of experience working in a creative role on digital applications
· Strong portfolio showcasing a User Centered Design Process, Design Systems work, and strong UX skills
· Clear communicator and collaborator who is comfortable giving and taking design feedback, presenting to stakeholders and driving consensus around a common goal
· Experience or strong knowledge designing/working with design systems
· Superior knowledge of user-centric design and design systems
· Strong conceptual abilities and ability to originate solutions on-time and on budget
· Experience working with developers and collaborating to build accessible design systems for web and mobile applications
· Deep understanding of best practices for designing mobile and web applications
· Proficient in Figma/Sketch/XD or similar tool (we use Figma)
· Ability to manage and prioritize workload to ensure projects move forward.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and clients.
· Can successfully run user research studies and translate the learnings into business and/or design decisions
· Ability to run discovery & design sprint type processes for ambiguous features or product
· Skilled at solving design challenges in within Healthcare [Bonus]
· Willingness to help define design processes and structure for a young, flourishing team
· Willingness to collaborate, learn, and have fun
What We Can Offer
· Flexible time off
· The ability to work remotely
· A competitive salary
· 401k with automatic company contribution
· A choice of flexible career pathways
· Flexible technology stacks and equipment
· Professional development opportunities