Ascend is a socially impactful, mission driven technology company that provides data-driven products and consulting services to help organizations that solve complex community health problems. Formed by the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association and three major hospital networks (Premier Health, Kettering Health, and Dayton Children’s), Ascend is positioned to serve all communities to address their most complex health problems. The Senior Software Engineer is a critical role in Ascend tasked with developing key products. This position also has an additional focus on User Experience elements of product development.
We believe that life does not equal work. We believe in being direct with positive intent and leading each interaction with empathy. We are intentional about giving first. We kindly poke the bear. We laugh (A LOT). We believe that teamwork makes the dream work. And most of all, we believe that our differences make us stronger.
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer responsible for both back end and front-end development. This position requires a combination of software development and an understanding of entire development process including discovery, requirements, design, development, and deployment.
· Oversee full process of the software development lifecycle.
· Works with Project Manager to manage timelines to deliver work on schedule and on budget.
· Provide architectural guidance and support to technical leads.
· Mentor other developers via pair programming and guidance.
· Directly contribute to the creation of user and engineering documentation.
· Develop maintenance and sustainment procedures to ensure continuous software functionality.
· Maintains source code in a source control system (git).
· Research new technologies and develop proofs of concept.
· Ensure compliance with project plans and industry standards.
· Contribute to the proposal planning process for new business.
· Interface with clients and/or partners in requirements gathering, discovery, or strategic consulting scenarios
· A four-year degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
· 4+ years of work experience in software engineering.
· Deadline and detail-oriented
· Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
· Willingness to collaborate and learn new technical skills/techniques
· Proficient in frameworks such as, but not limited to, NodeJS, TypeScript, and Swift.
· Experience with building reliable APIs using REST or GraphQL.
· Experience with developing component libraries.
· Experience with database languages (i.e., PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.).
· Ability to manage and prioritize workload to ensure projects move forward.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and clients.
· Experience with server management [BONUS].
· Knowledge of Natural Language Processing, mathematical programming, simulation, or deep learning [BONUS].
What We Can Offer
· Flexible time off
· The ability to work remotely
· A competitive salary
· 401k with automatic company contribution
· A choice of flexible career pathways
· Flexible technology stacks and equipment
· Professional development opportunities