Ascend Innovations is seeking an experienced Process Automation Developer to work closely with one of our clients on their robotic process automation (RPA) initiatives.
Ascend is a life science product company operating at the intersection of data, digital, and research. In partnership with the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association (GDAHA) we are owned, in-part, by three major healthcare networks with access to 29 hospitals and healthcare organizations. With our growing client base and continued passion for technology, we are seeking candidates who share our passion and have an interest in creating advancements in the health and life sciences industry.
A key vertical of Ascend is data science. We find creative ways to integrate our capabilities with hospital data, operations, and workflows, as well as identify community or industry opportunities. Hospitals use our services to improve quality, optimize operations, and reduce costs. Meanwhile, community and industry clients rely on us to transform healthcare data into insights and analytic products such as interactive reports, dynamic dashboards, and machine learning algorithms.
Our clients include exciting companies such as Ohio's Hospice, Kettering Health, Midmark, Verily Life Sciences (Alphabet’s healthcare organization), the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association, and many more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primarily responsibility for developing and delivering automated processes; this includes the design, development,
testing, and maintenance of automations using Blue Prism software. In-depth experience in programming is strongly desired.
- Experience with using Blue Prism is highly desired. Any Blue Prism certifications are a plus!
- Identifying new process opportunities and accurately analyzing and estimating new processes, quickly assessing feasibility.
- Analyzing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail where required.
- Identifying and communicating the technical infrastructure requirements.
- Develop bots in accordance with requirements and create associated technical design document.
- Designing Blue Prism process solutions in accordance with standard Blue Prism design principles, conventions, and best practices including the creation of reusable components, scripts and frameworks for efficiency.
- Configuring new Blue Prism processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation.
- Creating and documenting test procedures and scenarios for the pre-user acceptance testing (UAT) phases
- Supporting the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of Blue Prism processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required.
- Foster new business growth by gaining intimate understanding of client needs and proposing new solutions.
- Understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution.
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery and mentoring tasks.
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind.
- An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines.
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
- Contribute to, and possibly manage, projects to ensure that all deliverables are met.
- Work directly with business analysts, data scientists, data architects, software developers, and product managers to seamlessly integrate products with client network operations and workflows.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- 5+ years of professional experience on Automation, Integration, and Business Intelligence projects.
- 3-5 years of experience in Robotic Process Automation development using Blue Prism, UI Path or other technologies.
- Experience in creating custom business objects for Robotic Process Automation.
- Relations database/SQL experience is preferred.
- Exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement initiatives highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in quantitative discipline (e.g. operations research, statistics, bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science, industrial engineering, or other related
- Prior experience in healthcare is desired but not required.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Wellness benefits – Comprehensive health care options, 401k plan and employer matching, life insurance.
- Work-Life balance – Generous vacation policy, parental leave.
- Personal Growth – Personal development budget and professional management.
Tools and Equipment Provided
- 13 or 15inch Macbook Pro, or comparable Windows device.
- 27in 4k monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse and the tools you find necessary to get your job done.
- Slack, Office 365 Suite and the modern tools you need to get your job done.
- Light or local travel — 5% to 15%, depending on client needs.
Physical & Mental Demands
- Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees/clients via phone, computer or in-person.
- Moderate lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable the incumbent to move around the office environment.
- Ability to analyze unique situations and develop an appropriate response.
- Work typically performed in an office and/or remote setting.