Ascend is a life science product company operating at the intersection of data, digital, and research. In partnership with the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association (GDAHA), we are owned in-part by three major healthcare networks with access to 29 hospitals and healthcare organizations. With our growing client base and continued passion for technology, we are seeking candidates who share our passion and have an interest in creating advancements in the health and life sciences industry.
Our clients include exciting companies such as Oculus VR, Kettering Health, Midmark, Verily Life Sciences (Alphabet’s healthcare organization), the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association, and many more.
The .Net Software Developer develops and maintains .Net software projects including server-side APIs, web applications, web sites, and reporting dashboards. They follow approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing. They resolve technical issues through analysis, debugging, research, and investigation. They prepare program specifications and diagrams, develops coding logic flowcharts. They prepare functional and technical specifications for solutions, enhancements and system implementations, recommend solutions and provides technical knowledge and expertise of specific software and languages.
This role is preferred to be a 3-month contract with option of full time afterward. During the period of performance, you will be helping upgrade an existing .Net project to .Net Core and making further modifications to the project as needed.
- Organize full lifecycle software development
- Prepare specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Organize documenting and maintenance of software functionality
- Maintains source code in a source control system (git)
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software bugs
- Provide architecture guidance and support to technical leads
- Works with Project Manager to manage timelines to deliver work on schedule and on budget
- Research new technologies and develop proofs of concept
- Works directly with data architects and/or software developers and designers
- Ensure compliance with project plans and industry standards
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- A four-year degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience is required
- 2+ years of work experience in software development
- .Net Framework and .Net Core experience
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- SQL Server experience
- Experience working in a HIPAA or other sensitive data environment [BONUS]
- Healthcare industry experience [BONUS]
- Proficient in C# and the .Net Framework, HTML and CSS
- Best practices for modern web applications, and/or server-side applications
- Firm understanding of OOP
- Understanding of software lifecycle
- Excellent at communicating complex narratives in Keynote, PowerPoint or other presentation software
- Ability to manage and contribute to numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize workload to ensure projects move forward
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact at all levels including management level communication
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly with clients
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
- Willingness to collaborate and learn new technical skills/techniques
- SQL Server
- Power BI [BONUS]
Physical & Mental Demands
- Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees/clients via phone, computer or in-person
- Moderate lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable the incumbent to move around the office environment
- Ability to analyze unique situations and develop an appropriate response
- Work typically performed in an office setting.