Ascend is a socially impactful, mission driven technology company that provides data-driven products and consulting services to help organizations solve complex community health problems. Formed by the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association and three major hospital networks (Premier Health, Kettering Health, and Dayton Children’s), Ascend is positioned to serve all communities to address their most complex health problems. The Project Manager is a critical role in Ascend tasked with managing projects across all core functions, including data science, software engineering, UX design and strategy, and digital product development.
We believe that life does not equal work. We believe in being direct with positive intent and leading each interaction with empathy. We are intentional about giving first. We kindly poke the bear. We laugh (A LOT). We believe that teamwork makes the dream work. And most of all, we believe that our differences make us stronger.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects across Ascend’s product and client portfolio and throughout the entire product lifecycle. This role may also be responsible for assisting Product Managers and Business Development efforts as required.
· Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
· Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate tools and project management techniques
· Manage and forecast resources
· Work with teams to establish acceptance criteria and execute through iterative cycles
· Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Monitor progress and adjust as needed
· Perform risk management to anticipate and minimize project risks
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
· Determine and define project scope and objectives
· Facilitate scope validation with key stakeholders on teams across core functions
· Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
· Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders
· Report and escalate to management as needed
· Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
· Meet with clients to define project scope and clarify requirements of each project
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
· Project management experience within an office setting
· Experience with various project management methodologies (agile, scrum, etc.) and leading teams through a regular cadence of rituals.
· Experience with a project management tool such as Jira, ClickUp, Clubhouse, etc.
· Willingness to learn or adopt new tools and processes as the team grows and evolves
· Ability to effectively communicate with software engineers and data scientists about technical requirements
· Strong presentation skills
· Extremely attentive to detail
· Excellent organizational skills
· Team/collaboration oriented
· Strong problem-solving skillset
· Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
What We Can Offer
· Flexible time off
· The ability to work remotely
· A competitive salary
· 401k with automatic company contribution
· A choice of flexible career pathways
· Flexible technology stacks and equipment
· Professional development opportunities