Ascend Innovations is looking for a Product Owner to join our growing team and help jumpstart the product discipline at Ascend. We’re a scrappy team of account/project managers, engineers, data scientists and UXers, and we need someone who is skilled at leading delivery. You’d be the first Product Owner to join Ascend – so you’ll have an opportunity to define and refine the role right alongside our team.
As a Product Owner, you’ll support commercially viable products that enable community health organizations to better serve the most vulnerable populations. We work with clients ranging from recovery boards to hospice organizations, to grass root community health programs focused on important initiatives such as reducing infant mortality and the impact of mental health & SUD on our communities.
🌄 About Ascend
Ascend Innovations is a socially impactful technology company that provides data-driven products and consulting services to help organizations solve complex community health problems. We desire to empower all communities to improve health and wellness with human-centered technology. Owned by the three hospital networks in Dayton, Ascend is uniquely positioned to build solutions around mental health and addiction, chronic disease, social determinants of health, and other core focus areas related to community health. Ascend’s long-term strategy is to build data-driven technologies for communities while in parallel identifying scalable opportunities to transition product and produce spinout companies through Ascend’s startup studio, Ascend Ventures.
❤️ What We Value
Our team culture is rooted in the values of drive, perseverance, trust, accountability, and community.
- We aspire to be better
- We grow through challenge
- We are open and honest
- We have each other's back
- We are better together
- 🏝 Unlimited PTO
- 🍼 3 months fully paid parental leave
- 🌎 Work where you are most comfortable - in-person, hybrid or remote
🧬 Who You Are
- You have at least 3+ years experience in product management or product ownership
- You hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or have equivalent work experience
- You have excellent listening, communication and critical thinking skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and clients.
- You proactively analyze, troubleshoot, problem-solve, and manage issues.
- You are a master at prioritizing and can effectively manage multiple and shifting product workstreams in a fast-paced environment.
- You are curious, detail oriented, a self-starter and creative problem solver.
- You desire to be a part of a growing team and are comfortable in an environment where process and strategies are evolving and continuing to be defined.
- You have an innate drive to do meaningful work that makes an impact on our communities.
☀️ As a Product Owner, on a given day you will:
- Own and drive one or multiple client product roadmap(s).
- Gather requirements, write user stories and acceptance criteria, build backlogs and prioritize the work.
- Champion design thinking and own MVP definition, ensuring the product and any features/enhancements are feasible, viable and desirable.
- Build consensus across groups with differing priorities.
- Work closely with the software engineering team.
- Participate alongside of the UX team to gain a deep understanding of the end-user through various quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Work with the data science team to incorporate complex data insights and outcome metrics into products built for our clients
- Leverage user feedback, key insights and analytics to translate back into requirements and identify future enhancements.
- Manage against timelines, scope and budget to deliver the product as expected.
- Lead with and advocate for a product mindset by educating others on the importance of intersecting business, user experience and technology to drive value for the end user and our clients.
📍 Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our teammates to find a work mode that is best for them!
- We offer flexible fully remote, hybrid, or in-office working arrangements.
- We are not currently offering remote positions in California or New York
- Our primary office is in Dayton, Ohio (EST Timezone), but we also have a presence in Columbus, Ohio.
- For the time being we ask that all employees be located within the United States
✨ Benefits Highlight
- Inclusive healthcare package (medical, dental, & vision)
- Automatic 401K employer contribution
- Health Savings Account with employer match
- Flexible working style
- in-office, hybrid, or 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the US