Ascend is a life science product company operating at the intersection of data, digital, and research. In partnership with the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association (GDAHA), we are owned in-part by three major healthcare networks with access to 29 hospitals and healthcare organizations. With our growing client base and continued passion for technology, we are seeking candidates who share our passion and have an interest in creating advancements in the health and life sciences industry.
Design thinking is a key verticle of Ascend and our Digital Team employs human-centered design principals throughout our work. We find creative ways to integrate our capabilities with hospital data, operations, and workflows, as well as identify community or industry opportunities. Meanwhile, community and industry clients rely on us to transform healthcare data into insights and analytic products such as interactive reports, dynamic dashboards, and machine learning algorithms. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about design and technology and have an interest in creating advancements in the health sciences industry.
Our clients include exciting companies such as Oculus VR, Kettering Health, Midmark, Verily Life Sciences (Alphabet’s healthcare organization), the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association, and many more.
The Senior UI/UX Designer combines their design skills with a proven ability to make strong decisions to deliver best-in-class work. As part of the Digital Team, you will be expected to craft and execute ideas across various client and internal projects and digital products. The Senior UI/UX Designer is strategic and collaborative, with strong interpersonal skills and has a passion for creating insightful, intelligent work.
- Create design systems and style guides that inspire our clients and team to strive for excellence
- Apply a strong understanding of user experience to create highly approachable and accessible design architecture that will scale with the continued growth of products
- Collaborate with the cross-functional scrum team to define features, interfaces, and collect user feedback
- Work closely with developers to create and implement specifications for mobile/web applications
- Help develop members of the creative team and set an organizational standard of excellence
- Work with outside vendors to ensure our solutions provide a consistent brand and user experience
- Works with Project Manager to manage timelines to deliver work on schedule and on budget
- Participate in the approval of creative briefs, making sure all creative details are provided and scope of work is clearly outlined
- Develop strategic concepts with the Digital Team that result in opportunity and creative briefs
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- A four-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience is required
- 5+ years of experience working in a creative role on digital applications
- A diverse portfolio that encompasses a variety of project types and phases from strategy through execution
- Active website or web application
- Front-end development experience [BONUS]
- Healthcare industry experience [BONUS]
- Superior knowledge of user-centric design and systems design
- Strong conceptual abilities and ability to originate solutions on-time and on budget
- Experience working with developers and collaborating to build design systems for web and mobile applications
- Deep understanding of best practices for designing mobile and web applications
- Proficient in Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma
- Excellent at communicating complex narratives in Keynote, PowerPoint or other presentation software
- Strong visual communication skills
- Ability to manage and contribute to numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize workload to ensure projects move forward
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact at all levels including management level communication
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly with clients
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
- Willingness to collaborate and learn new technical skills/techniques
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Wellness benefits – Comprehensive health care options, 401k plan and employer matching, life insurance
- Work-Life balance – Generous vacation policy, parental leave
- Personal Growth – Personal development budget and professional management
Tools & Equipment Provided
- 13 or 15inch Macbook Pro, or comparable windows device
- 27in 4k monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse and the tools you find necessary to get your job done
- Slack, Office 365 Suite and the modern tools you need to get your job done
Physical & Mental Demands
- Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees/clients via phone, computer or in-person
- Moderate lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable the incumbent to move around the office environment
- Ability to analyze unique situations and develop an appropriate response
- Work typically performed in an office setting.